What about you and your past life experiences that give clues that you might be good at sales?
Does natural enthusiasm bubble up in you when you are excited about something? Do you just HAVE to share your good news with other people?
Here were my only clues before I began my 35-year sales career:
I sold a ton of Girl Scout cookies – enough to earn two free weeks at Girl Scout Camp.
My husband and I attended a church weekend for married couples. Our communication and closeness increased so much that we influenced many couples to do the same for their marriage.
We had small groups in our home where we encouraged personal and couple growth so that gave clues that leadership might be a comfortable fit.
Here is a little quiz to look for clues that you might be good at sales.
- Do you have lots of friends who might be willing to have a get-together for you where you would introduce your products? Would your friends come to YOUR house to hear the great news you have to share?
- Do you have a bubbly personality which makes people just love being around you?
- Do you love being around ambitious and positive people?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Are you DETERMINED to do whatever it takes to succeed? This is the most important clue of all!
NOW THAT YOU HAVE DISCOVERED your ENTHUSIASM and DETERMINATION, you can start looking for a business which interests and excites you!
CONSULT YOUR VALUES
In your search for the right company for you, consider your values. Here is my real estate story. I took an aptitude test in college to help get an idea of which direction I should go when I was ready to go into the business world. I was told that real estate would make me rich because I had the perfect personality and skills for it. When I investigated that industry, I realized their biggest working day was Sunday. Where I lived, most of the real estate open houses were done on Sunday afternoons. Working on Sundays on a steady basis was not something I wanted to do, so I let that opportunity go. It didn’t suit my values.
SO, YOU FIND THE COMPANY WITH PRODUCTS YOU LOVE, A COMPENSATION PLAN THAT LOOKS EXCITING, A CULTURE WITH VALUES YOU AGREE WITH – and you make the decision to open your doors to your new business!!
HOW TO BECOME THE PERSON EVERYONE WANTS TO DO BUSINESS WITH?
Becoming the person you want to be and building the successful business of your dreams is a journey of personal growth – so much so that the rate of your personal growth determines the rate of your business growth.
- What are you reading? Books written by successful people you respect?
- Who are you hanging out with? Are they successful or success minded?
- Do you have a strong work ethic?
- Are you growing as a person?
- Are you willing to have a servant mentality?
ARE YOU READY TO MOVE FORWARD? IF YOU HAVE SEVERAL YESES, LET’S GO!
There are many other personal growth areas covered in my one-on-one programs which will help you move toward your dream life.
I have built two multi-million $$ sales organizations in my direct selling career. I went from cookies to building a very lucrative and fun family business where we could keep God first, family second and business third.
My program, MILLION DOLLAR WOMAN – BECOME YOUR BEST SELF, will give you the CONFIDENCE you need to BUILD and LEAD your sales team. Take the first step by booking a FREE 20-min. Discovery call with me NOW! https://calendly.com/maryellenhastings/free-20-minute-call
Be sure to visit me on Facebook. www.facebook.com/MaryEllenHastings
You are loved … and lovable,